Manager, Information Technology
CALGARY, Alberta, CA
|Date Posted||Oct 16, 2013|
|Education Level(s)||University - Bachelors, College - Diploma|
Manager, Information Technology
Reporting directly to the Chief Operating Officer, the Manager, Information Technology is responsible for managing Divestco’s IT resources and -infrastructure plus deliver annual segment and departmental objectives. The Manager, Information Technology will work directly with each department lead to ensure alignment between business and technical objectives for the Company.
- Provides leadership to the IT team and manages work performance in accordance with the management guidelines
- Set annual performance goals based on corporate objectives, communicate departmental goals to team members
- Provide direction coaching and motivation to team members to ensure goals are achieved; conduct and document quarterly progress reviews on goals
- Solve problems and make decisions for the IT Team within parameters set by the Chief Operating Officer
- Assist in the preparation of departmental and corporate annual budgets
- Identify team hiring needs, complete and submit recruitment request forms for approval. With the support of HR,interview and select candidates, with appropriate approvals
- Ensure IT is compliance with all company and regulatory policies and procedures
- Approve vacation and personal day requests for direct reports and manage and track attendance of direct reports
- Act as a liaison between IT and the Company
- Build and maintain effective working relationships with vendors
- Demonstrate behavior that reflects professionalism and represents the Company`s best interests
Act as a technical lead for all of Divestco’s infrastructure strategies
Liaise with staff from other departments to ensure adequate planning and capacity for delivery of IT services.
- Provide change management for all corporate resources
- Liaise with vendors to finalize technical solutions that meet Divestco’s technical and financial requirements
- Manage the IT inventory including computer and networking hardware, cellular devices, audio/visual equipment and other hardware and software as required
- Management of all external networking/communication contracts
Maintain the Company’s disaster recovery plan and ensure governance requirements are met and regularly tested as per guidelines provided by management.
- Management of computer facilities and associated contracts.
- Provide guidance through annual corporate budgeting process for computer hardware and software for all divisions.
- Evaluate incoming requests, identify needs with the highest priority, and assign IT resources as required.
- Analyze corporate and divisional processes and provide beneficial technical alternatives where applicable.
- Inventory and document all aspects of IT resource usage and prepare quarterly allocation reports which accurately reflect division usage.
- Work with department heads in the identification and reduction of IT resource usage.
- Assist with the streamlining of the organization through the continued adaption of new technologies.
- Strong IT service delivery focus, maintaining a high level of customer satisfaction, and high quality of service.
- Excellent communication skills and confidence to interact with internal and external groups on all IT matters.
- Strong IT skills including networking, operating systems, hardware technologies, storage, and facilities.
- Proficiency or in-depth understanding in the following areas would be an asset:
- Network technologies and perimeter security
- Windows Server and Desktop operating systems
- UNIX operating systems, security, and integration with Windows environments
- Storage and mobile technologies
- CRM systems backup / Recovery and disaster Recovery Planning / Testing
- Virtualization, Software Licensing models with a focus on Microsoft and Oracle licensing
- Inventory Management
Qualifications: (Education and Work Experience)
- 10 years of related work experience combined with at least 2 years managerial experience
- Broad experience and demonstrates professional excellence in the field of Information Technology
- Possess a post-secondary diploma or degree, preferably in Computer Sciences or other relevant discipline
- Strong business acumen and proven ability to implement and maintain effective management and business practices
Competencies (Knowledge, Skills and Attributes)
- (Customer) Service Focus
- Planning and Organizing
- Directing and Delegating Work
- Goal and Results Oriented
- Conflict Resolution
- Professional Maturity and Judgment
- Building and Sustaining Team Relationships
- Commitment to Self-Development
- Training,Coaching and Developing Others
- Measuring and Evaluating Performance
- Time Management
- Business Management Skills
- Quality Decision Making
- Motivating Others
- Critical Thinking and Problem Solving
- Business Acumen
If these attributes describe you, please visit http://divestco.hgcareers.com/js/ to submit your resume, please state salary expectations.
To find out more about Divestco, please visit our website: www.divestco.com
|Applications are being accepted until December 09, 2013
< < Back